One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounhumorous, literary
The state of being asleep.
- ‘On Wednesday nights she would stay awake until she heard a particular song and then she would slip quietly into peaceful slumberland.’
- ‘He was almost in slumberland when his phone started ringing.’
- ‘We slept just below the tide-line to let the water splash beneath us as we stargazed to slumberland.’
- ‘Again the motion can help send a stubborn sleeper to slumberland.’
- ‘He penned the last sentence and realised that Elissa had already slumbered off to slumberland.’
- ‘A marketing ploy, perhaps, to help send people off to slumberland after chilling to the mix?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.