One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Touch it and it breaks up, rolls sluggishly away in pieces, like mercury.’
- ‘Their attention definitely was not on this match as they started sluggishly, allowing the home side to dictate matters.’
- ‘Every window on our street is wide open, and the air is thrumming with the rotating hum of a hundred desktop fans, sluggishly pushing the warm air from room to room.’
- ‘Europe has also maintained its prosperity, and although its economies are growing sluggishly, they are growing.’
- ‘The neurons in my brain sluggishly but surely started networking.’
- ‘The game opened very sluggishly with both sides guilty of poor finishing and it was only in the ninth minute that the scoreboard first saw some activity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.