One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Toscanini's sense of theater allows them to remain gripping, even at slowish tempos, and the NBC Symphony Orchestra plays them with superhuman concentration.’
- ‘He didn't like the slowish early pace of the race and didn't take kindly to Fallon holding him up.’
- ‘I can see enough to cycle at a slowish pace, but when I'm cycling with the bunch now I cycle with people who do know that I have limited vision and they can watch out for me a bit.’
- ‘I wonder if this is it, the slowish descent to my demise.’
- ‘Despite his slowish running, his bike speed was good enough to propel him into fourth place in the 45-49 age group.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.