One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I can see enough to cycle at a slowish pace, but when I'm cycling with the bunch now I cycle with people who do know that I have limited vision and they can watch out for me a bit.’
- ‘Toscanini's sense of theater allows them to remain gripping, even at slowish tempos, and the NBC Symphony Orchestra plays them with superhuman concentration.’
- ‘I wonder if this is it, the slowish descent to my demise.’
- ‘Despite his slowish running, his bike speed was good enough to propel him into fourth place in the 45-49 age group.’
- ‘He didn't like the slowish early pace of the race and didn't take kindly to Fallon holding him up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.