One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A virus or virus-like organism that multiplies slowly in the host organism and has a long incubation period.
- ‘‘Maybe it's like the turtle and the hare,’ he says, and the slow virus will eventually win.’
- ‘Eventually, they identify kuru as a brain-affecting slow virus.’
- ‘Modern epidemics of Bovine Spongiform Encephalopathy (BSE, Mad Cow's disease) are attributed to the slow virus contamination of human brain tissue by using animal cultures in grafts and drug products.’
- ‘These diseases in the recent past were called slow virus diseases.’
- ‘They have been called slow virus diseases but are now known not to be caused by viruses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.