One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A route or method which results in slow progress.‘is your career on the slow track?’
- ‘I would hate to see what the Government would consider to be putting something on the slow track, if that is an example of ‘urgency’.’
- ‘While general media are on a slow track down, especially trade publications are doing very well.’
- ‘One problem with an administration trying to sort of put foreign policy on the slow track is foreign policy is something, as someone once said, not that you do, but it gets done to you.’
- ‘The company's efforts to search China's offshore waters for oil and gas reserves seem to be on a slow track as well.’
- ‘A theme park, Asia's tallest building and a massive tourism and entertainment complex on an island at the mouth of the Yangtze River are all reported to have been put on the slow track or halted.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.