One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A nuclear reactor using mainly slow neutrons.
- ‘The advantage of a fast neutron reactor is that the fuel is broken down into a much lower element then with a typical slow reactor used in the United States.’
- ‘This means for slow reactor water level changes, there will be no noticeable lag but for rapid changes the lag will be greater.’
- ‘If there are problems about natural resources, we shall turn to synthetics; if there are problems about fossil fuels, we shall move from slow reactors to fast breeders and from fission to fusion.’
- ‘So when the Unit 4 power plant operators stalled their low and slow reactor, it exploded and burned.’
- ‘For a slow reactor, the fuel can be any of the above, with graphite serving as the moderator.’
- ‘The nuclear reactions in modern slow reactors have a negative temperature coefficient.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.