One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A puncture causing only gradual deflation of a tyre.
- ‘As we were about to move off, I discovered that I had a slow puncture in my rear tyre - this was to be a bit of a motif for the day.’
- ‘I have a slow puncture in the back tire which needs repairing’
- ‘I experienced a moment of great hilarity on a very steep downhill, when I tried to corner and realised that my front tyre had a slow puncture and had partially deflated.’
- ‘Somewhere between here and the test centre I got a slow puncture, so couldn't do the test…’
- ‘Faulkner was not able to retaliate on his fresh tyres as a slow puncture in a rear tyre developed on his out lap.’
- ‘This caused a slow puncture, forcing me into the pits after the first lap.’
- ‘Not at once, but kind of gradually like a football with a slow puncture.’
- ‘Back on track and this time on slick tyres Mike soon picked up the pace before a slow puncture forced him to pit earlier than scheduled.’
- ‘The tyre technicians also detected a very slow puncture on a rear tyre after I'd stopped and handed over to Johnny which would not have helped the balance.’
- ‘My vital energy has drained right out of me just when I wasn't looking, like a slow puncture in my tire, I have been let down.’
- ‘The car was superb throughout, except for a slow puncture on stage six, which lost us just a few seconds.’
- ‘Check tyres for damage, looking out for any cuts, cracks or bulges, as these can lead to slow punctures and blowouts.’
- ‘But recording accident verdicts, the coroner said the primary cause of the tragedy was the slow puncture.’
- ‘Adding to his comments, Stéphane said: ‘Yesterday we had a slow puncture; it was annoying because I cannot remember hitting anything.’’
- ‘It was possible, said the man on the technical number, that I had a slow puncture.’
- ‘Our car may have no rear exhaust, a melting handbrake cable, a downgraded gearbox, a bodged fan, vibrating propshaft and a slow puncture - but she and her mechanically incompetent drivers made it.’
- ‘Jonny also received a slow puncture - but crucially the strong tyre held together for Milner to keep charging right until the end of the stage.’
- ‘Twelve months ago he started from pole position and led for the bulk of the 83-laps before he was handicapped by a slow puncture.’
- ‘The battle was decided in Bernardi's favour when Urmo dropped to fifth with a slow puncture on the final stage.’
- ‘It has a slow puncture and the wheels are out of balance, so it's shaking apart at the moment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.