One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Lasting or taking a long time.‘our slow-going recovery’‘counting of ballots was a slow-going process’
- ‘By the end of the slow-going 144 minutes, we share his discomfort.’
- ‘Slow-going repairs to a cracked support forced the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge to remain closed an extra day.’
- ‘The sole fault is that several of the participants speak with a very dry tone, making for a slow-going commentary.’
- ‘The search goes on, but it is slow-going.’
- ‘Most of the major routes are slow-going, according to police.’
- ‘It was at times frustrating and slow-going, but the advantages of Web standards are undeniable.’
- ‘Kids raised on films of endless action might find this a bit slow-going at first, but the dogs are pretty irresistible and should win over even the more "jaded" viewers.’
- ‘The consonant-heavy, slow-going third line of the second stanza wasn't intentional.’
- ‘Does this mean the game industry has settled in its ways too soon or does it indicate ample opportunities for future improvements, slow-going as they may be?’
- ‘The slow-going nature of the proceedings may have the opposite effect for a lot of people, and grind the momentum to a halt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.