One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Their answer seems to be a sloppily sewn-together quilt of stale stereotypes and untimely political references.’
- ‘But it would be rude of you and you'd deserve those dirty looks if you blew your nose loudly and sloppily right next to someone.’
- ‘He wears an oversized black hoodie and a sloppily tied ponytail.’
- ‘But that is the point: too much quasi-Marxism has lost Marx's chief insight by reading Marx sloppily.’
- ‘These sculptures are at once highly crafted and naturally formed, skillfully manipulated and sloppily organic.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.