One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unlike the patent slitters, mine has no edge for scraping the corn off, but the back of a knife blade worked just fine.’
- ‘Automated de-boners and slitters sliced the meat off bones and processors turned other parts into various pieces.’
- ‘The knife has multiple slitting blades with a stripping bar following the slitters.’
- ‘Called an ear corn slitter, the knife is a multi-toothed hull slitter.’
- ‘Workers at a toll metal processor and slitter have halted work after the company failed to meet its payroll for the fourth time in a year.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.