Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A side pocket with a vertical opening.
- ‘It also has peaked cuffs, and reinforced armpits, inside breast slit pocket and a full cotton liner.’
- ‘These slacks have a fly front zipper closing, belt loops, two slit pockets and one back pocket.’
- ‘It is required to be double-bosomed so that it becomes a slit pocket when the flap is inserted into the pocket.’
- ‘The mandarin collar button front four slit pocket jacket with low rise plain front boot leg slacks give a trend setting dressed look to the modern woman’
- ‘It's extremely thick and features satin a shoulder liner, 50s slit pocket, and ultra cool art deco chrome buttons.’
- ‘It has chest pockets with pen slit pocket on left chest pocket, adjustable fit tabs at back for slimmer fit, beautiful tonal leaf stitch embroidery at back.’
- ‘The third type of pocket, namely, is the welt, or slit pocket.’
- ‘The coat or tunic has an inside breast slit pocket and is lined in Khaki cotton drill liner.’
- ‘I had steered away from pants and shorts with pockets so I wouldn't hook my thumbs with my arm motion, but have had no snags with the slit pockets on this design.’
- ‘Inside chest pockets and outside slit pockets with stars top off this awesome jacket.’
- ‘The incredibly roomy interior has a zippered pocket and a slit pocket that runs the entire length of the bag.’
- ‘On the back is a slit pocket for cell phone.’
- ‘Done with a warm alpaca and wool blend, it's gorgeous with diagonal slit pockets, a back kick pleat, and a full lining.’
- ‘This jacket has conchos, fringe, a shirt collar, slit pockets, and a zip out liner with lambskin touch.’
- ‘There is one slit pocket on the chest.’
- ‘The coat has long sleeves, two side slit pockets at front, hook and eye closure at front.’
- ‘Also, with so many blazers having flap pockets at the sides, is there a way to remove the flap part and just have a regular slit pocket?’
- ‘Adam slipped two fingers into the little slit pocket behind his pants belt and pulled out his old, battered watch.’
- ‘It has a six piece fitted short body, two piece sleeve construction, with one interior slit pocket and one exterior welt pocket.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.