Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A side pocket with a vertical opening.
- ‘It's extremely thick and features satin a shoulder liner, 50s slit pocket, and ultra cool art deco chrome buttons.’
- ‘There is one slit pocket on the chest.’
- ‘I had steered away from pants and shorts with pockets so I wouldn't hook my thumbs with my arm motion, but have had no snags with the slit pockets on this design.’
- ‘It is required to be double-bosomed so that it becomes a slit pocket when the flap is inserted into the pocket.’
- ‘The coat or tunic has an inside breast slit pocket and is lined in Khaki cotton drill liner.’
- ‘Inside chest pockets and outside slit pockets with stars top off this awesome jacket.’
- ‘The coat has long sleeves, two side slit pockets at front, hook and eye closure at front.’
- ‘Done with a warm alpaca and wool blend, it's gorgeous with diagonal slit pockets, a back kick pleat, and a full lining.’
- ‘On the back is a slit pocket for cell phone.’
- ‘It has chest pockets with pen slit pocket on left chest pocket, adjustable fit tabs at back for slimmer fit, beautiful tonal leaf stitch embroidery at back.’
- ‘These slacks have a fly front zipper closing, belt loops, two slit pockets and one back pocket.’
- ‘It also has peaked cuffs, and reinforced armpits, inside breast slit pocket and a full cotton liner.’
- ‘This jacket has conchos, fringe, a shirt collar, slit pockets, and a zip out liner with lambskin touch.’
- ‘The mandarin collar button front four slit pocket jacket with low rise plain front boot leg slacks give a trend setting dressed look to the modern woman’
- ‘It has a six piece fitted short body, two piece sleeve construction, with one interior slit pocket and one exterior welt pocket.’
- ‘The third type of pocket, namely, is the welt, or slit pocket.’
- ‘Also, with so many blazers having flap pockets at the sides, is there a way to remove the flap part and just have a regular slit pocket?’
- ‘The incredibly roomy interior has a zippered pocket and a slit pocket that runs the entire length of the bag.’
- ‘Adam slipped two fingers into the little slit pocket behind his pants belt and pulled out his old, battered watch.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.