One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lamp which emits a narrow but intense beam of light, used for examining the interior of the eye.
- ‘The eye is examined with a slit lamp, a microscope designed for eye examination.’
- ‘On slit lamp examination, this appears as multiple, focal, swollen lesions that stain with rose bengal or fluorescein dye.’
- ‘In this instance, copious irrigation with saline and a thorough slit lamp examination should be carried out.’
- ‘Under slit lamp examination, the cornea may appear unclear, with visible patches of cloudy haze in the flap interface.’
- ‘The cornea, aqueous, iris and pupil should be examined with the slit lamp.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.