One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nountrademark in US
A soft slipper or similar foot covering, especially a disposable slipper of a kind distributed to airline passengers.
mule, moccasin, house shoeView synonyms
- ‘Since then, she has quilted nine large quilts and three baby quilts, besides knitting numerous slipperettes.’
- ‘They were a sort of stretchy slipperette type thing.’
- ‘On the bed lay big fluffy white bathrobes and slipperettes.’
- ‘When a young boy or girl attend his or her first Highland Dancing class, the teacher usually advises that a soft pair of plimsolls or slipperettes be worn for the first few lessons.’
- ‘We are a manufacturer and exporter of eyeshades, tubesocks, slippers, slipperette, amenities kit, cosmetic bag and travelling bag for Airline & Hotel.’
- ‘Small wisps of smoke curled from her ears, and her toes protruded from her polyester-brocade slipperettes.’
- ‘And, if you always keep these slipperettes in one particular compartment of your suitcase, you're always prepared when packing time comes around.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.