One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A thick sock, typically with a leather sole, for use as a slipper.
- ‘It, the left slipper sock, has been becoming tattered and pulled and raggy, but at least it's been in my room.’
- ‘Melanie nodded, and took her coat and slipped her bare feet in slipper socks, and then into loafers.’
- ‘There is a wood floor and you don't need to wear your boots inside, but a pair of wool slipper socks or mukluks is a good idea.’
- ‘These slipper socks are a great way to keep your feet warm and dry inside.’
- ‘Slip on a pair of cotton twist slipper socks for warmth and comfort.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.