Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for calceolaria
- ‘The lady slipper flower is a protected flower and is in danger of becoming extinct, due to the ever expanding urban sprawl, taking out wooded areas of our wilderness.’
- ‘Unlike slipper flowers that shrivel and fall off the ovary after pollination, Phals turn their whole flower into the capsule.’
- ‘Most people will not know that we we have lady slipper flowers in our backyard, because we won't tell them.’
- ‘I am thinking of the tender primulas, cinerarias and the slipper flowers or calceolarias.’
- ‘The plant has 1 or 2 light to dark yellow slipper flowers.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.