One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bath with one high end to lean against and the other end covered over.
bathtub, tub, hot tubView synonyms
- ‘The lavish family bathroom on the first floor return has a large cast-iron slipper bath with telephone shower, a separate shower and a vanity unit.’
- ‘I didn't let on to a big disappointment - my beautiful slipper bath, which I'd bought months ago, was not the extra-long one I'd ordered but some miniature version.’
- ‘An alternative to having a bath at home was to go to the slipper baths at Moss Street.’
- ‘The battle to save the city's Leeds Road laundry and slipper baths has been lost.’
- ‘Beside this is the family bathroom with an antique cast iron slipper bath with claw and ball feet and a shower attachment.’
- ‘It survived two fires in 1968 and 1969, and there was panic in 1930 when a 10-ton Southampton Corporation steam roller raced across Western Esplanade and crashed into the walls of the slipper baths.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.