One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bath with one high end to lean against and the other end covered over.
bathtub, tub, hot tubView synonyms
- ‘The battle to save the city's Leeds Road laundry and slipper baths has been lost.’
- ‘I didn't let on to a big disappointment - my beautiful slipper bath, which I'd bought months ago, was not the extra-long one I'd ordered but some miniature version.’
- ‘It survived two fires in 1968 and 1969, and there was panic in 1930 when a 10-ton Southampton Corporation steam roller raced across Western Esplanade and crashed into the walls of the slipper baths.’
- ‘An alternative to having a bath at home was to go to the slipper baths at Moss Street.’
- ‘Beside this is the family bathroom with an antique cast iron slipper bath with claw and ball feet and a shower attachment.’
- ‘The lavish family bathroom on the first floor return has a large cast-iron slipper bath with telephone shower, a separate shower and a vanity unit.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.