One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pullover, typically one without sleeves.
- ‘These slipovers are also highly durable and are great for rental costumes.’
- ‘When it was cold, knee length, turned over socks and woollen jerseys were worn, whilst in the summer short sleeved shirts and Fair Isle slipovers were popular.’
- ‘This is a men's V-neck sleeveless slipover with traditional shaping, sized to fit a 37 in. / 94 cm chest.’
- ‘Hosiery constitutes 22% of import (mostly from China), slipovers, jackets, and sweaters - 17%, and knitwear polo shirts, tee-shirts, and underwaists - 16%.’
- ‘In a chair with a pink slip-over, Rosetta slept placidly.’
Denoting a garment designed to be put on over the head.‘a slip-over sweater’
- ‘The present invention relates as indicated to slipover headrest pillows in general and to an easily assembled and installed slipover headrest pillow assembly in particular.’
- ‘This stunning slip-over jumper dress has a soft, bohemian quality that feels totally effortless.’
- ‘The little slipover number fit beautifully, although my friend didn't remember her mother ever wearing it.’
- ‘Buy this lambswool Slipover Jumper online from the top brands.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.