One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This guitar slinger and singer whiled away his childhood in this very neighbourhood; and the prodigal son returns from some busy road trips with Adam Gregory to perform this night.’
- ‘We expected so very much more from a slinger of rhyme.’
- ‘This news delighted the Nova Scotia-born guitar slinger, who enthuses that he ‘feels like a new beginning’.’
- ‘In certain sectors, they say, it was permissible to regard everyone, infants and grandparents included, as though they were grenade slingers.’
- ‘I share Chris Conley's suspicion of the tendency to throw mud on people of great accomplishment and as one of the recent slingers I take his questions seriously.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.