One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Serve food in a cafe or diner.‘I had to take orders, sling hash, wipe up, and fill the shakers’
- ‘If you've been slinging hash at a local dive, pick up some tricks and market yourself as a French chef.’
- ‘They said, ‘Sure’ - provided she sling hash for them for a month.’
- ‘Prudie would rather sling hash than be a 37-year-old child.’
- ‘The play's driving force is Terry, an alcoholic, out-of-work actor slinging hash at a mob-owned diner.’
- ‘I still wait tables and sling hash for a living and I'm loving it!’
- ‘At a counter you'll find independent folks who enjoy being close to slinging hash, feeling the heat of the grill, and watching the transformation of ingredients from raw state to dinner plate.’
- ‘The final humiliation was finding out that I, as dance director, would be required to sling hash.’
- ‘From eight to two I pace the chessboard floor behind the counter, eying plummeting coffee levels, slinging hash, and serving bacon-egg-and-cheese sandwiches, salt, pepper, ketchup, a smile and a pinch of sass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.