One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Shepherd was of medium height and slightish build with a serious manner but a dry sense of humour.’
- ‘Shortish and slightish, he can appear spiky, but is more curious than combative.’
- ‘The only slightish snag - if you want to see it as one - is that Michael Shanks looks quite quite like Ben Browder.’
- ‘The picture also shows a slightish white margin to the leaf, which is supposed to be another identifying characteristic, although the margins of most of the leaves on my sample had aged to a dull reddish color.’
- ‘The stereotypes, of course, change: before, it was the dark hair, the small and small-boned haughty elegance, the slightish mouth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.