One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Do not some persons speak slightingly of united prayer?’
- ‘Flavia spoke slightingly of him, yet encouraged him to pursue her.’
- ‘He has been slightingly treated by many Scottish historians, but he had little opportunity to reveal his abilities and there is no contemporary comment on his character.’
- ‘One reason why we are likely to speak slightingly of the ethics of the politician is that he can never exhibit his good qualities systematically.’
- ‘‘It has been the fashion in this country to speak slightingly of West,’ Lester acknowledged, but this was simply wrong; West, he declared, was ‘the pioneer and father of American Artists.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.