One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A part or parts of a machine on or between which a sliding part works.
- ‘A moving pick-off is displaced over a slideway, which is situated along the path of motion, and is in contact with said slideway.’
- ‘High precision slideways are an essential requirement for the accuracy and repeatability demands on modern machine tools.’
- ‘The purpose here is to validate previously established model predictions that relate slideway errors to manufacturing inaccuracies.’
- ‘We also manufacture wear slideways and wear plates for the steel industry.’
- ‘All guideways and slideways are ground and laminated with Turcite-B, then hand-scraped.’
- ‘Other examples of the composition of the outer layer of the surface plate or slideway element follow.’
- ‘It is essential, however, that we have the drawings of the slideways to be cleaned.’
- ‘A phase of 0° between force and motion will not generate slideway motion, 90° results in maximum slideway velocity in one direction and 180° changes the direction of slideway motion.’
- ‘Therefore, removable slideway inserts should be positioned at the lower end of the column of each slideway, the length of which should be equal to or greater than the closed length.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.