One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece that opens and closes an aperture by sliding across it.
- ‘A leaking slide valve will cause water to continually drip into the tank and will, over a period of time, raise the water level to the overflow.’
- ‘Use our expansive on-line directory to source parallel slide valves and other products and services from thousands of suppliers.’
- ‘Situations in which slide valves ‘stick’ result in either unsatisfactory control, or can jeopardize safe and reliable unit operation.’
- ‘The same was true of the slide valve seats; they weren't part of the cylinder casting.’
- ‘The operative cannula features a double silicon seal to minimize leakage from the joint and a slide valve on the outflow port to regulate outflow and suction.’
- ‘The slide valves can be supplied in either pneumatic, electric, rack and pinion or manual versions.’
- ‘Three slide valves are in Fort McMurray already.’
- ‘Reducing sleeves enable the use of ball valves, slide valves and other fittings with solvent weld waste piping as well as PVC pressure pipe.’
- ‘Here the compound was at a disadvantage, fitted as it was with four sets of slide valves which did not exhaust the steam nearly as freely.’
- ‘There has been a continuing need for a slide valve which can be used in high temperature gas service and which is easily serviced in the field.’
- ‘This range of slide valves for powders and granules has corrosion-resistant cast aluminium bodies and 304 stainless steel slide plates.’
- ‘The sectional view above shows the main elements of the simple slide valve, although there were a number of variants in shape, proportion and style.’
- ‘Both types are used as manually operated valves, but if automatic actuation is required, the parallel slide valve is usually chosen, whether for isolation or control.’
- ‘Many modifications to the slide valve were tried, such as the expansion valve patented around 1884 by JJ Meyer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.