One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of equipment used for displaying photographic slides on a screen.
- ‘It was not within the resources of the study to use an automatically timed slide projector and there was insufficient space in the clinic to use a slide projector and screen.’
- ‘The number of nuclei per embryo was counted from an image projected from the negative using a slide projector.’
- ‘By this time Hawking's lectures were always delivered via an interpreter, usually a research assistant who would handle the slide projector and present Hawking's prescripted lecture.’
- ‘He still spoke softly, and with a shy sincerity, but he seemed more at ease now with the appurtenances of modern technology: with the mike, and with slides and a slide projector besides.’
- ‘But, as the afternoon had progressed, it grew darker and darker outside, until the sky was black and the assistant who was operating the slide projector had to interrupt a presentation to turn half the lights on.’
- ‘From the lectern the lecturer can operate the hall lights and the slide projector, as well as opening or closing the louvered ceiling skylights.’
- ‘Having someone wheel in a slide projector, sit it in the middle of the table, and speak over the noise doesn't come across as professional anymore.’
- ‘Merlin handed over the remote for the slide projector.’
- ‘Once there, she seated herself facing away from a theater of spectators as an unloaded slide projector spotlighted her back.’
- ‘We also have a slide projector, so if there's a wedding, we might project photos of the bride and groom onto the balloon.’
- ‘A slide projector sat on a cart hooked up to a laptop.’
- ‘I am in the process of securing a carousel slide projector, and it is my fondest hope that such an arcane technological device may help me in my quest for understanding.’
- ‘I remembered the slide projector, the clink-click sound it made when you fed it a picture; I remembered the shivery whoosh of the screen when Dad pulled it from its roll.’
- ‘After a frantic interval examination, we discovered that it had blown a fuse which, at first, didn't appear to be too much of a problem since I had packed a spare slide projector.’
- ‘Instead of movement around the board being determined by dice or spinners, a slide projector was used to project numbers and arrows through a one-way mirror onto a wall.’
- ‘A carrousel slide projector with a built-in timer was used to display the slides for 10 seconds each.’
- ‘The sound of so many projectors running simultaneously created a distinct ambience and added to the sense that the show itself was contained within the belly of an immense slide projector.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.