One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of guitar playing in which a glissando effect is produced by moving a bottleneck or similar device over the strings, used especially in blues.
- ‘The combination of drums, synth, bass, guitar and slide guitar blend nicely to create a somewhat trippy atmosphere.’
- ‘Sloppy playing is fine, but sloppy slide guitar can lead to an unwanted foray into microtonal music.’
- ‘Working on acoustic guitar, slide guitar, harmonica, banjo, and mandolin, Taylor sings his original songs with conviction and feeling.’
- ‘Ryan and his band whip up an infectious jam session blending acoustic guitar, electrified slide guitar, djembe drums, stomp box, blues harp and acoustic bass.’
- ‘As with the rest of the album, slide guitar and banjo appear throughout the first track.’
- ‘Banjo, slide guitar, and other country-ish instruments are given respectable places in the mix.’
- ‘Gradually, stark slide guitar and viola accompaniment emerge from the track's shadows, building until the song's group chorus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.