Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An optical device attached to the front of a camera lens for rephotographing a transparency.
- ‘The simplest method is to make one exposure of just the moon using a very long lens and another of an interesting landscape, then combine them later in a slide duplicator.’
- ‘If the filters could be placed between the slide duplicator and the camera, we'd be good to go.’
- ‘Looking at slide copiers it became apparent that the costs were excessive for a single project.’
- ‘There are slide copiers made for 35 mm cameras, usually designed to fit on an adapter ring around the lens.’
- ‘I noticed other slide duplicators for this type of camera seem to have a longer tube than this configuration.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.