One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Tubular covering for electrical or other cables.
- ‘I personally found it easier and ultimately a better finish to the sleeving if I was to first remove any plugs or connectors on the wiring.’
- ‘The sleeving really looks impressive, but it does make the cabling quite stiff.’
- ‘When cutting the sleeving to length, the manufacturer recommends using a hot knife, to melt the ends of the strands slightly, to prevent fraying.’
- ‘The secondary top hook can be held in place by sliding the line through plastic sleeving.’
- ‘A sleeving tube surrounds the entire assembly, forming the preform.’
- ‘The sleeving is the same technique I used on the rear 40 mm fans.’
- ‘How about tracing the wires out of the case and finishing it off with some cable sleeving?’
- ‘The lack of cable sleeving on all of the cables was a definite let down.’
- ‘Cable sleeving, cable management, lighting, and cable choices are all important.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.