One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘At first the shells were thought to be worthless and were discarded, but it was soon discovered that they could be used to make buttons, sleeve links, barrettes and other similar items.’
- ‘And he sat down at his desk and looked at the heads of the Roman emperors that were graved on his sleeve links.’
- ‘The tray that had sat in the top of it to hold his sleeve links and buttons and pins was thrown down by the bed.’
- ‘The sleeve link was tucked, before Morris's yearning eyes, into the reluctant pocket of the wide white waistcoat, and Morris returned to his place.’
- ‘A pair of gold sleeve links may be the most unique object recovered from Feature 14.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.