One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for silent partner
- ‘But wouldn't a publication dealing with the sleeping partners and fashion sense of the far left be a brilliant idea?’
- ‘We also have the option of a sleeping partner, who is willing to invest 50% of the cost.’
- ‘As a sleeping partner in this company, I am called on to advise as to how to manage your life despite leaving everything until the last second.’
- ‘They prefer not to be in the limelight but are very interested parties - and by no means sleeping partners in this deal.’
- ‘Both widows and spinsters were prominent in property ownership and in financing businesses as sleeping partners.’
- ‘We don't intend to be the sleeping partner in Japan.’
- ‘Unfortunately, when Indian partners, who have relatively less to bring to the table, turn out to be more like sleeping partners than active ones, they lose out.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.