One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A warm lined padded bag to sleep in, especially when camping.
- ‘She found a small hollow, pulled out her sleeping bag, used the rucksack as a pillow and tried to get some sleep.’
- ‘Instead, we sleep outside on camp beds, with sleeping bag and duvet stuffed snugly inside a canvas swag.’
- ‘Dawn broke to reveal the amazing sight of camp beds and sleeping bags almost encircling the All-England Club.’
- ‘We're all in our sleeping bags to keep warm, our wet clothes piled up around us.’
- ‘It wasn't long before Devon and I were curled up in our sleeping bags and dad and mom on their air mattress.’
- ‘They put the woman in a sleeping bag to keep her warm and fed her soup to give her energy.’
- ‘You don't have to put them on now, but stash them at the foot of the sleeping bag so they stay warm.’
- ‘There he had installed his sleeping bag, his backpack with essentials, and his flute.’
- ‘We parked and minutes later, we all grabbed our sweaters and purses, and Landon and Sean took their sleeping bags.’
- ‘Everyone jumped into their tents, wrapped up in a warm sleeping bag and tried to settle down for the night.’
- ‘Inside are half a dozen camp beds strewn with sleeping bags, around the walls jerry cans and heaps of kit.’
- ‘Bring your own sleeping bag, preferably a very warm one in case you are in the garden.’
- ‘Recently I saw a whole family sleeping under a picnic shelter in sleeping bags at Heritage Park.’
- ‘They set up camp immediately and went to their sleeping bags for the night.’
- ‘They sleep on flimsy mattresses and wrap themselves in parkas or sleeping bags to keep warm at night.’
- ‘They all made themselves comfortable inside their snug and warm sleeping bags.’
- ‘One should make sure that the sleeping bag's rating is well below the expected temperatures.’
- ‘They camped in sleeping bags on the bare ground at night, cooked all their meals on a gas stove and rose before dawn to catch the low tides.’
- ‘Many soldiers went ashore without their sleeping bags, since the plan was for the bags to follow in a day.’
- ‘We all just scrambled for an empty space to set up air mattresses or sleeping bags.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.