One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The state of being sleepy.‘long road trips cause fatigue and sleepiness’
drowsiness, tiredness, somnolence, languor, languidness, dozinessView synonyms
- ‘They may wake up frequently at night resulting in sleepiness and fatigue during the day.’
- ‘Severe daytime sleepiness is 60 per cent more likely in smokers than non-smokers.’
- ‘Various subjective measures of fatigue and sleepiness have been developed.’
- ‘People do not necessarily associate fatigue and sleepiness with falling asleep.’
- ‘Daytime fatigue or sleepiness is also a risk and could make driving or operating machinery dangerous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.