Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The state of being sleepy.‘long road trips cause fatigue and sleepiness’
drowsiness, tiredness, somnolence, languor, languidness, dozinessView synonyms
- ‘Various subjective measures of fatigue and sleepiness have been developed.’
- ‘They may wake up frequently at night resulting in sleepiness and fatigue during the day.’
- ‘Daytime fatigue or sleepiness is also a risk and could make driving or operating machinery dangerous.’
- ‘People do not necessarily associate fatigue and sleepiness with falling asleep.’
- ‘Severe daytime sleepiness is 60 per cent more likely in smokers than non-smokers.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.