One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘My shriek woke the children, who arrived, sleepily, below the hatch.’
- ‘The waves lapped sleepily at the foot of the cliffs, some 200 feet below us.’
- ‘It looked so hopelessly harmless, the way it was lying around sleepily.’
- ‘Alas, as I sleepily switched the alarm on, I neglected to check that it was set for the right time.’
- ‘I dawdled by the carriages as the crowds loped sleepily off the train and homewards, frantically scouring the scene for Max.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.