One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A group of secret agents that have remained inactive for a long period.
- ‘The government said the men formed a sleeper cell and they are too dangerous to be allowed to post bail.’
- ‘The government has every right in the world to believe that they may very well have been a sleeper cell.’
- ‘I believe that these restrictions are not excessive given the nature of the threat that confronts us, nor do they result in ‘illusory’ security when, say, a sleeper cell is uncovered.’
- ‘That's one sleeper cell you do not want to wake up.’
- ‘The first major U.S. terror trial after the 9/11 attacks centered on four men said to form a Detroit sleeper cell.’
- ‘Even with background checks and added government screening, one of these employees could easily be a member of a terrorist sleeper cell.’
- ‘Three Saudis and 7 Moroccans were accused of forming a sleeper cell and planning terrorist attacks against ships entering the Straits of Gibraltar.’
- ‘The plea agreements exposed as a fraud claims made by Attorney General John Ashcroft last October that the arrests in Portland had disrupted a ‘terrorist sleeper cell.’’
- ‘Secretly entering the United States to join a terrorist sleeper cell, he moves in with his childhood friend Sayeed, a physician contentedly living with his family in Jersey City.’
- ‘The U.S. citizen killed by a missile launched from a pilotless drone aircraft over Yemen was the ringleader of an alleged terrorist sleeper cell in Lackawanna, N.Y., administration officials said yesterday.’
- ‘Detroit prosecutors said at least four of the men ‘operated as a covert underground support unit’ and were also a sleeper cell.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.