One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Remain asleep or in bed later than usual in the morning.‘life assumes a different rhythm on the weekend; we sleep in, cut the grass, wash the car’
- ‘The weather is clear, and crisp, it's not icy underfoot, and after a tiring week, we sleep in and miss the morning.’
- ‘I was too tired to get up and go to school for 8 in the morning so I just slept in.’
- ‘Meanwhile, my sleeping in this morning meant Katharine had to get her own breakfast.’
- ‘We usually slept in Sunday mornings, waking just in time for her favorite cartoons.’
- ‘The next morning we all slept in, but when we got up we were ravenous.’
- ‘As is my wont, I slept in this morning and made up for a few short nights earlier in the week.’
- ‘Sunday mornings are for sleeping in, not for physical exertion with the pub footie team.’
- ‘I need to stop sleeping in on weekends, no matter how good it feels to do so.’
- ‘I let myself sleep in for ages this morning because I need all the energy I can get at the moment.’
- ‘Just because she had slept in on one morning did not mean that everybody had to be offensive.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.