Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Habits and practices that are conducive to sleeping well on a regular basis.‘sleep hygiene is the key to sweet dreams’
- ‘General skills of assertiveness, time-management and sleep hygiene are considered along with a valuable chapter regarding developing a personal blueprint for longer-term coping.’
- ‘If improving your sleep hygiene isn't enough, there are several herbal remedies available.’
- ‘The worst offender is poor sleep hygiene.’
- ‘Basic sleep hygiene rules are really common sense when you think about them.’
- ‘In other words, it is not clear whether less knowledge about sleep hygiene contributes to students' poor sleep quality.’
- ‘If no treatable cause is found, patients should receive advice that focuses on sleep hygiene to promote healthy, natural sleep.’
- ‘Therapy should include exercise, diet, good sleep hygiene, antidepressants, and other medications, depending on the patient's presentation.’
- ‘Aging also plays a role in sleep and sleep hygiene.’
- ‘In a survey of more than 900 students that assessed their knowledge of proper sleep hygiene, the average correct response rate was approximately 50%.’
- ‘For most people, avoiding daytime naps, avoiding stimulants such as caffeine and nicotine, and avoiding alcohol just prior to bedtime are all part of good sleep hygiene.’
- ‘Practice good sleep hygiene: avoid using alcohol in the evening.’
- ‘Sleep hygiene is really the development of good sleep habits.’
- ‘During this time the person is taught how to practice good sleep hygiene.’
- ‘Diet is also key in developing good sleep hygiene.’
- ‘Good sleep hygiene is also important.’
- ‘Similarly, sleep hygiene and chronobiological treatments should be integrated in the treatment of major depression.’
- ‘However, the findings also suggest that some aspects of sleep hygiene (e.g. promoting regular sleep-wake schedules) need to be emphasized more than others.’
- ‘Sleep hygiene maximizes sleep habits that facilitate normal sleep, particularly sleep initiation, sleep continuity and length of sleep.’
- ‘Good sleep hygiene means getting into the right mental and physical frame of mind for bed, so avoid alcohol, tea and coffee after 6pm; have a warm bath near bedtime; don't do too much exercise in the evening; get a massage regularly.’
- ‘Physicians frequently tried to educate patients about exercise, weight loss, diet, and sleep hygiene.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.