[mass noun] Coleslaw.
- ‘I had the chicken pot pie, slaw, soup, ice tea and cheesecake.’
- ‘Ginger-wasabi mayo and Asian slaw spark the wine's lemony finish.’
- ‘Snappingly fresh cabbage slaw is weighted down by neither gobs of mayonnaise nor more than a gentle tinge of sweetness.’
- ‘Eventually, I ordered salmon flavored with honey and soy and served with some kind of cooked cabbage slaw and rice.’
- ‘The special slaw builds an array of condiments right into this burger.’
Late 18th century: from Dutch sla, shortened from salade salad.