One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘On the Capitol flagpole, the Lone Star flies below the American flag, emblem of the few brief years when slaveholding Texas was its own republic.’
- ‘In this respect, the narratives show the masters as individuals who struggle with the moral problems posed by slaveholding.’
- ‘He offers a few simple tables of population, wealth, occupation, and slaveholdings culled from the census.’
- ‘Slave owners expect such higher prices in the future, which may lead to more slaveholding.’
- ‘And it's as relevant to today's Middle East as it was to slaveholding America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.