One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They have evidently chosen their clothes with great care, for such gaudy slatternliness is not natural.’
- ‘Some evil genius, it might seem, was labouring to harmonise all things into an equal slatternliness.’
- ‘We are talking midweek kitchen suppers here, not grand dinner parties, so the sight of a pan in the middle of the table should not cause too much tut-tutting and accusations of kitchen slatternliness.’
- ‘The room in fact was as depressing from its slatternliness as from its atmosphere of erudition.’
- ‘It wasn't like I was accusing them of slatternliness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.