One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounmass nounSouth African
A slate-like shale used for flooring and tiling.
- ‘The house therefore incorporates elements such as a thatched roof, gnarly pole finishes and a large slasto deck that runs around the West and South facades.’
- ‘I have tried granite as well but it is substantially heavier (too heavy) and is not as sonically dead as slasto.’
- ‘Timber decking is also proving to be a popular alternative to slasto or brick paving around swimming pools.’
- ‘The slasto tiles used in the Lodge are from South Africa.’
- ‘The interior floor coat has been successfully used on cement, slasto, bricks and cork tiles.’
Blend of slate and stone.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.