One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A bald or balding man.‘I've turned into a bit of a slaphead’
- ‘The glare from Bobby's slaphead is dazzling me.’
- ‘As I said, it is pretty silly stuff and a grown slaphead with a goatee and glasses like myself shouldn't be laughing along, but, hey, who cares?’
- ‘When faced with a tall hatchet-faced slaphead, the police will have to draw the only conclusion possible.’
- ‘Sadly, he'll be on his own, because the slaphead comic has decreed that none of his producers speak to him before, during or after the show.’
- ‘I'm an overweight middle-aged, four eyed slaphead.’
- ‘Eno carries off the slaphead look well, few people do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.