One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hard shot made by raising the stick about waist-high before striking the puck with a sharp slapping motion.
- ‘Or maybe his cage will become dislodged, but he'll stand in there maskless and stare down a slap shot.’
- ‘He has a cannon of a shot, whether it is his slap shot or wrist shot.’
- ‘He has a quick release, a hard slap shot and a bit of a temper.’
- ‘His way of calling out an opposing player was to whistle a high, hard slap shot to serve notice of his intent.’
- ‘But his trademark hard, accurate outlet passes, his ability to skate the puck out of trouble and his wicked slap shot are back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.