One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A hard shot made by raising the stick about waist-high before striking the puck with a sharp slapping motion.
- ‘He has a quick release, a hard slap shot and a bit of a temper.’
- ‘He has a cannon of a shot, whether it is his slap shot or wrist shot.’
- ‘But his trademark hard, accurate outlet passes, his ability to skate the puck out of trouble and his wicked slap shot are back.’
- ‘Or maybe his cage will become dislodged, but he'll stand in there maskless and stare down a slap shot.’
- ‘His way of calling out an opposing player was to whistle a high, hard slap shot to serve notice of his intent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.