Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The height of a cone from the vertex to the periphery (rather than the centre) of the base.
- ‘Notice that the vertical elevation provides an infinite number of possible integer slant heights.’
- ‘What happens to the surface area, volume, slant height, radius and height as you roll the cone tighter?’
- ‘I suggest giving students the slant height for this assignment to be used effectively.’
- ‘Since in a regular pyramid the triangles are all congruent, the slant heights are the same.’
- ‘In a regular pyramid, the slant heights are all the same length.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.