Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The height of a cone from the vertex to the periphery (rather than the centre) of the base.
- ‘I suggest giving students the slant height for this assignment to be used effectively.’
- ‘In a regular pyramid, the slant heights are all the same length.’
- ‘Notice that the vertical elevation provides an infinite number of possible integer slant heights.’
- ‘Since in a regular pyramid the triangles are all congruent, the slant heights are the same.’
- ‘What happens to the surface area, volume, slant height, radius and height as you roll the cone tighter?’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.