One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Covered with slabs.‘a slabbed patio area’
- ‘Geologists and others interested in ore textures also find the slabbed high-grade specimens interesting.’
- ‘This was entered by clambering into the dark beneath the slabbed floor of the modern church.’
- ‘I couldn't see how far down the slabbed granite wall dropped, but as I peered into the darkening green water, I knew it was too far for me to even think about touching the bottom, not on air.’
- ‘There was a vast expanse of marble slabbed flooring, all green and cream swirls, and lots of polished wood with carved curlicues.’
- ‘It's kind of, well, just a slabbed area at the moment, but I have a plan to make it into a small courtyard garden.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.