One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Words in the form of smoke trails made by an aeroplane, especially for advertising.‘the planes were spewing their skywriting above the beach’
- ‘I'm 15, listening to the Smiths, waiting for each lyric like they were skywriting.’
- ‘He notes that this global purveyor of caffeinated sugar water once tried to pitch its drink to Cubans with a skywriting ad.’
- ‘Forget the traditional methods for proposing marriage - the bended knee, the skywriting, the Jumbotron query at the local ballpark.’
- ‘They flirt with script, resembling at times elaborate precision skywriting.’
- ‘Lucky Strike, for example, ‘has a rich heritage of doing the unexpected,’ including skywriting during the 1940s.’
- ‘The strange skywriting reported last week was accomplished by an independent skywriter pilot who is out on a regular basis writing ‘Jesus Loves U.‘’
- ‘What's going to change is how closely I listen; to myself, to others, to the universe as it whispers its secrets in the form of omens, skywriting and tea leaves.’
- ‘He feels safe knowing that Brian May lives nearby in L.A. and believes that Freddie and Princess Diana speak to him from the heavens in skywriting.’
- ‘Sadly, elephants cost too much nowadays, and my skywriting isn't what it was.’
- ‘Scholarly skywriting filters all contributions to a discussion via an editor.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.