One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Words in the form of smoke trails made by an aeroplane, especially for advertising.‘the planes were spewing their skywriting above the beach’
- ‘He feels safe knowing that Brian May lives nearby in L.A. and believes that Freddie and Princess Diana speak to him from the heavens in skywriting.’
- ‘The strange skywriting reported last week was accomplished by an independent skywriter pilot who is out on a regular basis writing ‘Jesus Loves U.‘’
- ‘Lucky Strike, for example, ‘has a rich heritage of doing the unexpected,’ including skywriting during the 1940s.’
- ‘Forget the traditional methods for proposing marriage - the bended knee, the skywriting, the Jumbotron query at the local ballpark.’
- ‘I'm 15, listening to the Smiths, waiting for each lyric like they were skywriting.’
- ‘Scholarly skywriting filters all contributions to a discussion via an editor.’
- ‘What's going to change is how closely I listen; to myself, to others, to the universe as it whispers its secrets in the form of omens, skywriting and tea leaves.’
- ‘He notes that this global purveyor of caffeinated sugar water once tried to pitch its drink to Cubans with a skywriting ad.’
- ‘They flirt with script, resembling at times elaborate precision skywriting.’
- ‘Sadly, elephants cost too much nowadays, and my skywriting isn't what it was.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.