Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for skyway
- ‘The sidewalk turned to concrete for a few yards, leading to an escalator and a skywalk going over the street.’
- ‘The female protagonist, Hsiang-chi, buys a watch from street vendor Hsiao-kang on the skywalk, before going to Paris.’
- ‘The new Hoover Hall is linked to phase I of the complex, Howe Hall, by the university's first skywalk.’
- ‘The Sauer Street building will be linked to 5 Simmonds Street by a skywalk.’
- ‘I landed the car, repelled down to the skywalk, entered the skywalk, and found the bodies.’
- ‘They only let people thirteen or older take the cautious trip, down three major roads, to traverse the skywalk over the highway.’
- ‘The precinct would encompass a street underpass, four skywalks joining buildings and underground parking.’
- ‘I saw her come across the skywalk, and I said, ‘Hey, look, there's Lori.’’
- ‘The most urgent need in the precinct is for a 5,000 seat plenary facility and to achieve this they propose a skywalk link to the Convention Centre.’
- ‘He only awoke from the stunner darts this morning, two days after his arrest on the skywalk in Old Baltimore.’
- ‘At Des Moines' innovative Downtown School, parents can drop off their kids and then walk to work through the toasty skywalk system.’
- ‘The university's new Learning Connection is located in Suite 200 of the Locust Center, 700 Locust St., and on the Des Moines skywalk.’
- ‘We walked from the hotel across the skywalk (whatever they call those things) to The Plaza of the Americas.’
- ‘By the time the government opened up a skywalk to let people visit the site, I'd had enough.’
- ‘The Bangalore City Corporation will now take up 28 more skywalks in the city to help pedestrians cross busy roads and junctions.’
- ‘The skywalks, which some felt would been seen as barriers to the square from the outside, will now flank the streets instead of straddling across the streets.’
- ‘Chen Shiang-chyi's character meets watch vendor Lee Kang-sheng's character on a skywalk in Taipei before she leaves for Paris.’
- ‘Ryiron got off from the ruined skywalk and didn't know what to say to his buddy.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.