One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Icelandic dish consisting of curdled milk.
- ‘The skyr can be stored for 4-5 days in a closed container.’
- ‘I recently tried skyr at Whole Foods and fell in love with it, especially mixed with fresh berries.’
- ‘One thing which the monks would not have brought with them is skyr, which Icelanders perceive as unique to themselves.’
- ‘Most important was skyr, a form of coagulated milk high in protein, which would keep over the winter.’
- ‘Some research I've read indicates that the skyr the Vikings ate was probably much tarter than that eaten today.’
- ‘Skyr is not yogurt, skyr is the food of the gods, or of Iceland, which may be the same thing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.