One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An Icelandic dish consisting of curdled milk.
- ‘Most important was skyr, a form of coagulated milk high in protein, which would keep over the winter.’
- ‘Some research I've read indicates that the skyr the Vikings ate was probably much tarter than that eaten today.’
- ‘Skyr is not yogurt, skyr is the food of the gods, or of Iceland, which may be the same thing.’
- ‘One thing which the monks would not have brought with them is skyr, which Icelanders perceive as unique to themselves.’
- ‘I recently tried skyr at Whole Foods and fell in love with it, especially mixed with fresh berries.’
- ‘The skyr can be stored for 4-5 days in a closed container.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.