One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pair of shorts with a flap across the front (and sometimes also the back) to give the appearance of a skirt.
- ‘Frankly, a film that is relying on the flesh ripping skill of its monster to scare your skorts off shouldn't be hiding its horror outside the frame.’
- ‘In the past few years the skirts have become skorts and the shirt has transformed into a fitted jersey.’
- ‘With a sigh and a feeling of guilt sinking into my chest heavily, I slipped on an almost-blue white skort and a loose shirt that hung a few centimeters or so above my navel.’
- ‘Once they are removed her wings dissolve onto her turning her top into a shirt and her shorts into a skort.’
- ‘She was wearing a white tight tank top and she wore a short pink skort made of a towel like fabric.’
- ‘We agreed we couldn't miss the ceremony, and because I was wearing a golf skort, I thought that might be OK for a wedding.’
- ‘When I came downstairs and met the guys I was wearing a white skort, sneakers and a white stretch tank top.’
- ‘Michelle was a lightly tanned and very pretty Italian girl about my age who wore a light blue shirt and a denim skort.’
- ‘She rummaged through her clothes and pulled out a halter top and a mini skort.’
- ‘She dressed in a bright purple spaghetti strapped tank top, a silky black skort that came up a few inches above her knees, and a pair of strappy black ankle breakers.’
- ‘Anyone else immediately think why not just switch to wearing skorts?’
1950s: blend of skirt and shorts.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.