One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Dirty and unpleasant; unattractive.‘you drove us half an hour to take us to some skody bar?’
- ‘We found a rather skody pub full of students in heavy metal t-shirts.’
- ‘They'd organised some skody sausage sizzle.’
- ‘She's in some skody flat with these druggies.’
- ‘We met in some skody expat bar.’
- ‘They look like they threw some skody old tie-dye t-shirts on mere seconds before galloping on-stage.’
Early 21st century: of uncertain origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.