One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
malingerer, shirker, work-dodger, idler, layaboutView synonyms
- ‘There may have been some skivers, although not many.’
- ‘Tesco has made a positive and brave step to kick work-shy skivers out of bed.’
- ‘I don't know anyone who is impressed with the Welsh Assembly; they all seem like very second-rate skivers.’
- ‘Slackers and skivers everywhere should be grateful I'm not in charge.’
- ‘A poll of organisers found that 80 per cent think there are too many skivers and people who should be delegates are staying away.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.