One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
malingerer, shirker, work-dodger, idler, layaboutView synonyms
- ‘A poll of organisers found that 80 per cent think there are too many skivers and people who should be delegates are staying away.’
- ‘I don't know anyone who is impressed with the Welsh Assembly; they all seem like very second-rate skivers.’
- ‘Tesco has made a positive and brave step to kick work-shy skivers out of bed.’
- ‘Slackers and skivers everywhere should be grateful I'm not in charge.’
- ‘There may have been some skivers, although not many.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.