One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In a clearing past a grove of olive trees, a snowy white lamb stands skittishly behind its grazing mother.’
- ‘I was also delighted by the way that Anna of Little Red Boat skittishly bent the concept towards her own ends.’
- ‘The horses began stamping the ground skittishly.’
- ‘‘Aww, thanks, Viv,’ Fiona replied skittishly, ‘I hope Dom will feel the same way.’’
- ‘But most Democrats who are on the ballot in competitive races this year skittishly avoid such stark imagery.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.