One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The horses began stamping the ground skittishly.’
- ‘‘Aww, thanks, Viv,’ Fiona replied skittishly, ‘I hope Dom will feel the same way.’’
- ‘I was also delighted by the way that Anna of Little Red Boat skittishly bent the concept towards her own ends.’
- ‘But most Democrats who are on the ballot in competitive races this year skittishly avoid such stark imagery.’
- ‘In a clearing past a grove of olive trees, a snowy white lamb stands skittishly behind its grazing mother.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.